What is dpt blood test
Titer determination (Determination of immunity, Vaccination titer)
The determination of the titer (vaccination titer, protective titer) provides information on whether antibodies against certain pathogens are present. This means that it can be checked whether there is still active vaccination protection.
DANGER: With very few exceptions (e.g. hepatitis B), there are no scientifically verified recommendations about who is protected against vaccination and for how long. Even if some laboratories give values, these are only average values that can vary from person to person. In any case, it is advisable to adhere to the vaccination intervals recommended by experts (vaccination plan from the Ministry of Social Affairs).
The concentration of antibodies in the blood is measured by an antibody test (ELISA) and is usually given in IE / l (international units per liter) or IU / l (international units) or U / l. The alternative specification "Titer 1: X" refers to the measurement method used previously using a dilution series.
A titer determination costs around 15–35 euros, special titers also significantly more. Since most vaccinations are cheaper or about the same price, in most cases it makes more sense to simply refresh your vaccination.
If you have been vaccinated against a disease and come into contact with these special pathogens - for example because someone in your family is sick - this can also cause your titer to rise.
When is the titer determined?
A titer determination can be used to check
- whether you are adequately protected after a vaccination or
- whether an infection has occurred.
A titer check should always be carried out after a complete hepatitis B vaccination, as around 10% of those vaccinated do not develop enough antibodies even after the 3rd vaccination. In this way you know on the one hand whether you are immune to the hepatitis B virus and on the other hand when you should go for the next titer check or booster vaccination (with a titer of = 100 IU / l after 10 years).
DANGER: The reference values for the titer determination can differ from laboratory to laboratory. Please ask in your laboratory or your doctor!
Rubella and toxoplasmosis titers are particularly important during pregnancy. These examinations are used to check whether the pregnant woman is immune to rubella and toxoplasmosis infection. If you are not sure whether you had chickenpox (wet leaf, sheep leaf) as a child, it is also worthwhile to have the chickenpox titer determined before a planned pregnancy.
+++ More on the topic: Toxoplasmosis in pregnancy +++
+++ More on the topic: Rubella in pregnancy +++
In which cases is the vaccination titer too low?
If your vaccination titer is too low, i.e. you have too few antibodies against a certain pathogen in your blood, this can have various causes:
- You do not respond to the vaccination.
- The last booster vaccination was too long ago.
In this case, your doctor can advise you whether a single booster vaccination is sufficient.
Stay informed with the newsletter from netdoktor.at
Dr. Peter Mahlknecht
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Ursula Köller (2014), Univ. Prof. Dr. Georg Endler (2019)
Mag. (FH) Silvia Hecher, MSc, Mag. Julia Wild
- Pedicurist in Howlands Welwyn Garden City
- How do I refer to the Encyclopedia Britannica
- How to program genie model gictd remotely
- What time is it at 6 p.m.
- Wholesale Retail Packaging Boxes UK Yahoo
- Nallapati venkata ramaiah chowdary surname
- Roora the angel who has lost the wing texts
- Worldox gx3 license error during installation
- Which suffix means development process
- How to use cocoa fruits tutorial
- What does CssD stand for in medicine
- Sakshi Chowdary hot in jeans
- What ocean surrounds Victoria Australia
- How to upload nef files to facebook
- What is the font size of the newspaper headline
- Jack Howe Greenville Sc Weather
- How to take utovlan tablets with usb
- How to fill out a Verified Mail Confirmation
- What does soapy mean
- How does the hasp dongle work
- Espiar Conversaciones WhatsApp online messenger
- Who is Madge Tivey-Faucon lady in waiting
- Royksopp, what else is there Acapella?
- What does yodelling mean in transit what
- What happened to Bruce Cook Thunderpants
- How to write inshallah zakir naik peace
- What is ny 2010 nycny tax
- What is the course title for ssd1926
- What HiFi Reviews Subwoofers For Cars
- How to interpret dma data for plastic
- Macyn Taylor Chanel how big
- How did blue blood cells explain that Jackie left
- Rajshri Fashion Wholesale B2B Chennai Map