How to use iPhone without iTunes
iPhone: Find UDID without iTunes - how and why?
An iPhone or iPad can be clearly identified with the UDID. The multi-digit ID is used to identify the device. You can read in this article what role the UDID plays for Apple users today and how to find out.
Find UDID for iPhone and iPad - this is how it works without iTunes
ITunes has been history since 2020 - almost at least. For many years, music software was the fastest way to find out what UDID, ieUnique D.evice Identification (Unique device identifier), an iPhone or an iPad. In the meantime, the Finder takes over this task - you still have to connect your iPhone to the Mac first. To display the UDID, follow the steps below:
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the Mac. On both devices you may have to first "trust"And enter your passcode on the iPhone.
- Opens the Finder and select your iPhone in the sidebar.
- Click once under the device name (to the right of the symbol of your model). Instead of the memory and battery status, the Finder now shows the required data - next to theserial number of your device also the UDID.
Apple MacBook: View models on Amazon
The first Mac operating system without iTunes - macOS Big Sur:
Show UDID under Windows
To get to the UDID of an iPhone or iPad on a Windows PC, you use the device manager.
- Select the entry "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver“.
- Select the tab "Details"And under property" Device Instance Path ".
- Copies the displayed value of the path. The Digits after the backslash ("\") Form the UDID. With current iPhones you have to insert a hyphen after the eighth digit.
What do I need the UDID for?
The UDID used to play a much bigger role in the Apple world than it does today: In the early years of the app store, developers needed the UDID of a device to invite someone to beta test their app. However, Apple is now organizing beta tests via its in-house Testflight platform. A developer who uses it to distribute his software for test purposes can do without a UDID query.
Today, Apple mainly uses the UDID for internal purposes, including to link Apple ID and the iCloud account with an iPhone or iPad.
You don't want to miss any news about technology, games and pop culture? No current tests and guides? Then follow us on Facebook (GIGA Tech, GIGA Games) or Twitter (GIGA Tech, GIGA Games).
- Fiat 500 noise when starting
- Howie Almond granddaughter name
- What does squirrel mean in army language
- When I say I'm doing piano instrumental
- How do refrigerators work? Worksheet physics
- Huawei g526-l11 how to blink
- 1 TB equals how many photos 1 GB can
- What is unlocked processor
- What is a Hov Lane is marked
- How to solve the hot Singapore kitchen
- What is dissolved substance and solvent made of bronze
- What do CDM regulations do
- Causality loop diagram, like your body
- Forte americas has talent out there somewhere
- Linda Moulton Howe Pageant
- Bc355n Close call to reset
- How to delete the administrator password with cmdstore
- Neocate baby food wholesale
- How hydronic system components really work
- What is tailor-made access procedures
- What do the Roman numerals mcmxcii mean?
- What kind of market structure are apple bees
- Bell and Howell focus matic 672 xl
- Oflomac-m forte what to use
- Whenever you are sad, remember
- How to implement a badi in sap
- Ryan Howard Thompson Katy
- Who is effy roommate
- Anthony Ditillo death How did he die
- How to glue pictures on glass
- How to use dream code acnl hair
- How to Make Chanrio Maker
- A whole new world of texts in Arabic