How to calculate bar width reduction
How do you calculate the 7 day incidence? (Example)
Using an example for Baden-Württemberg, we will show you how you can calculate the 7-day incidence for your district or your federal state yourself.
If you want to calculate the 7-day incidence for your county or state yourself, you first need the following numbers:
- The new infections in the last 7 days
- The number of inhabitants
You can usually get both values on the homepage of the regional or city district administration or the state government.
And this is how you calculate the 7-day value
First add up the new infections from the last 7 days and then divide the total by the number of inhabitants in your district or state. Then multiply the result by 100,000.
(New infections / population) x 100,000 = 7-day incidence
Sample calculation for Baden-Württemberg
The numbers of new infections for Baden-Württemberg can be found in the COVID-19 management report from the State Health Office. Open the documents for the last 7 days. You can find the new infections at the top under "Confirmed cases". This is what the numbers of new infections looked like for the last 7 days on February 24th, 2021 at 4 p.m.
As a basis for the number of inhabitants, we refer to the official data for Baden-Württemberg from the State Statistical Office. On November 9th, 2020 this was about 11,102,000 people. This results in the following calculation:
(5287 / 11,102,000) x 100,000 = 47.6
Accordingly, the 7-day incidence on February 24, 2021 was the state average for Baden-Württemberg at 47.6.
Why are there deviations from the official figures?
The state governments and the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) report the 7-day incidences for the individual federal states and districts on a daily basis. However, if you use the figures from the local health authorities, you will notice that there may be discrepancies between the self-calculated and the official value. On the one hand, this can be due to the fact that there are delays in the reports to the state health authorities and the RKI due to technical hurdles or too high utilization. On the other hand, corrections may be necessary for some figures. In such cases, the values are of course adjusted afterwards. So they are not wrong, but are partly based on different data sets.
Now read on: What is the incidence value of my district?
Current reports, background information worth knowing and useful tips - we bundle all articles on Corona in our dossier.
- What happened to Mrs. Howe's potato chips
- Eax dll where the thermometer should be placed
- How to make periscope and kaleidoscope Abelia
- One piece characters celebrities who smoke
- Carter Usm Nowhere Fast Text Fire
- The Ducar model 100315 contains how much oil
- When will the engineering school in Tamilnadu reopen?
- Phylum Porifera includes what animals
- Who loses the most on impractical jokers
- How to make a small solution
- Peter Pan Indians like hello
- How did Brian Brockett do diet
- Nalco 77423 which county
- What is the name of the skin under the tongue
- How to play vladimir 2012
- How to make text bold in Java
- Where is Dubai in Africa
- Billyoh summer house instructions on how to tie
- How to Frontside 180 Not a Compliant Skate
- Html what is tag name ideas
- How to change the Minecraft menu structure
- How old is Megan Destance Marshman
- St kevin's whole school approach
- How is Cocona fabric made in Italy