Hitler Youth Week what is it
Enabling Act of Hitler 1933 easily explained - content, meaning & consequences
Adolf Hitler was appointed the new Chancellor in 1933 by the then Chancellor Paul von Hindenburg. Shortly thereafter, he passed the Enabling Act. We will now explain to you what that is exactly and why he did it.
What is the Enabling Act?
The Enabling Act is a law that Hitler created "to remedy the distress of the Reich". It was decided on March 23, 1933 in Potsdam and announced a day later. Adolf Hitler thus had absolute sole power.
Consequences of the law
Parliamentary democracy had destroyed itself through the enactment of the Enabling Act. Originally this should change after four years and the normal and previous laws should apply again. This was not the case, however, because the Enabling Act was renewed for four years in each case in 1937, 1939 and 1943. It formed the legal basis for Nazi legislation and was not repealed until May 1945.
What were Hitler's goals?
His first goal was that Turn off parliament. With that Hitler had the power to rule alone. With the abolition of parliament, he was able to enforce new laws without first having them approved by the Reichstag and the Reichsrat. Furthermore, he did not need the consent of the Reich President.
Hitler's second goal was that De facto repeal of the Constitution. “De facto” is Latin and means “according to facts, according to the state of affairs or in practice”. However, the constitution has remained unchanged until the end.
His third goal was to communicate with other people To convey the appearance of a legitimate legality. Back then, as long as it looked like everything was legal and legal, there was little questioning. Other countries spoke of a state of emergency in the German Reich.
The original text:
Law to remedy the misery of the people and the Reich (Enabling Act) of March 23, 1933
1. In addition to the procedure provided for in the constitution, imperial laws can also be passed by the imperial government. This also applies to the laws referred to in Articles 85 II and 87 of the Imperial Constitution.
2. The imperial laws passed by the imperial government can deviate from the imperial constitution insofar as they do not deal with the establishment of the diet and the imperial council as such. The rights of the Reich President remain unaffected.
3. The Reich laws passed by the Reich Government are drawn up by the Reich Chancellor and announced in the Reich Law Gazette. Unless otherwise stipulated, they come into force on the day following the announcement. Articles 68 to 77 of the Reich Constitution do not apply to the laws passed by the Reich Government.
4. Contracts of the Reich with foreign states, which refer to subjects of the Reich legislation, do not require the approval of the bodies involved in the legislation for the duration of the validity of these laws. The Reich government issues the regulations necessary for the implementation of these treaties.
5. This law comes into force on the day of its promulgation. It ceases to be in force on April 1, 1937; it also ceases to be effective if the current Reich government is replaced by another.
Reichsgesetzblatt T. I. (1933), No. 25, p. 141
- Scher singlets wholesalers
- Howard Heck interviews Sacha Baron Cohen Oscar
- Toilet water level low how to fix
- Maya Nahuales, what is my spirit animal
- Correct 6 WhatsApp number
- Where the thunder party mormon
- Picoprep how long does it take
- How does groundwater cause erosion and deposition
- Nds4ios crashes when opening the greeting
- Who has frank lucas sneaks on
- How to Plant Maca Seeds Oregon
- How to get real estate investment group
- Jezioro zbychowo ryby morskie
- How to delete the router configuration
- Inground fire pit how to get
- Armin ernst md where is he now
- How many people have successfully climbed Paris
- Whole lotta woman definition of origin
- Paul Cyril as Kin Co sang
- Whatever life throws at you, quote
- What is a cruise ship
- When death rides a winged horse
- What is cancer biology quizlet chapter
- What has passed peacefully
- Pregnancy transits in astrology what rules
- What about discord
- What does socialized aggression mean
- What is khalil real name
- How to be an artist rep
- 2 heartbeats during pregnancy
- What drives fieldbus performance
- Who Own Trois Estates Reviews
- How many cups is 50 g of flour
- How to plant hydrilla in the aquarium