Detroit Diesel 6v92ta Marine Specifications Howard
Detroit 6V92 Parts and Information
The Detroit Diesel 6V92 is a tough engine that can run for many, many years. Proper maintenance, combined with the right parts, is absolutely key to their longevity however - and we've got what you need to get there. From parts for a Detroit Diesel 6V92 marine engine to troubleshooting guides that help you keep your engine at its best, Diesel Pro is your partner in 6V92 maintenance.
Certified Detroit Diesel 6V92 Parts
At Diesel Pro, we offer the right, high-quality parts that will let these engines keep running, year after year after year. We have served many satisfied customers since we opened our doors over a decade ago, and know that if you buy parts from us, you will be satisfied.
Our parts carry warranties that are better than most other part suppliers, including a one year warranty on new parts. We also have built a website that is focused on you, our customer. This includes better descriptions, better pictures, and a fully integrated shipping calculator which automatically checks with multiple shipping partners to present you with several options upon checkout so you can get the part you need as fast as you want, for a price you want. In other words, why would you go anywhere else for parts? Try Diesel Pro today.
Understanding 6V92 Detroit Diesel Engine Specs
The model number for the Detroit 6V92 will always start with 806 and be similar to "8063-7000". The model number will always have eight digits. These engines also have a serial number, which can be longer, depending on when they were manufactured. The serial number will always start with 6VF, and an example of one would be "6VF 12345".It's important to know when buying Detroit 6V92 parts that this engine can go by many other names, including V6-92 Detroit or 6V-92, among others. This is due to this tough engine being used in many different applications, from farm equipment to generators, to buses and recreational vehicles. These are just different spellings, and the parts listed here will work with these engines. If in any doubt, be sure to check the model or serial number.
The Detroit Diesel 6V92 is a two-cycle, six cylinder engine with a bore of 4.84 inches (123mm) and a stroke of 5 inches (127mm.)
The compression ratio is 17 to 1.
The Detroit 6V92 Engine has a total displacement of 552 inches or 9.05 liters, and has 4 main bearings.
Normal Conditions for This Engine
For Natural Engines:
• Oil Temperature: 200-235 degrees F.
• Coolant Temperature: 160-185 degrees F. Please Note: Coolant temperatures will be slightly higher in engines built after 1976, and normal temperatures will be between 170 to 195 degrees F.
• Oil Pressure: 50 to 70 PSI. Minimum lubricating oil pressure needed for safe operation is 28 PSI at 1800 RPM, and 30 at RPM speeds above 2000.
• Compression (at 600 RPM) pressure is 500 PSI, with a minimum of 450 PSI.
For Turbocharged Engines:
The information below is based on engines with a TV1802 turbo and 1.23 A / R turbine housing and 9290 injectors, and may vary slightly based on your engine's characteristics.
• Oil Temperature: Between 200-235 from 1200 to 2100 RPM. This is measured as the temperature in the oil pan. If you measure at the cylinder block, it will be slightly lower.
• Coolant Temperature: The normal temperature for this engine is between 160-185 degrees Fahrenheit except for vehicle engines built after 1976. For these engines, the normal coolant temperature is between 170-195 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Oil Pressure: Normal oil pressure (PSI) is 32-53 at 1200 RPM, 49-70 at 1800 RPM and 49-70 at 2100 RPM. The minimum pressure is 25 at 1200 RPM, 28 at 1800 RPM, 30 at 2100 RPM.
Replacing a Fuel Injector on the Detroit 6V92
When you look at the top of the cylinders, you will be able to see three rocker arms for each cylinder. The two outer ones operate the exhaust valves, and the center will operate the injector. This one that operates the injector will be slightly longer on one side compared to the others. These arms move on a shaft that has two brackets, and removing these brackets allow the rocker arms to be raised and then access the fuel injector.
A step by step guide is below:
Step One: Remove the valve rocker cover and discard the gasket. Then, locate small tubes going into the injector and the fuel connectors and disconnect them.
Step Two: Bring the injector and the valve rocker arms in line horizontally by cranking the engine. Remove the two rocker shaft bracket bolts and move the rocker arms away from the injector and the valves.
Step Three: Locate the injector rack control lever. Loosen the screws holding it in place and slide it away from the injector.
Step Four: Lift the injector from its seat and cover the hole to keep dirt and debris out of the cylinder head.
Step Five: Install the new injector and tighten with a torque wrench to 27.12 N • m or 20-25 lb • ft.
Changing the Oil Filter
The Detroit 6V92 engine absolutely needs clean oil in order to keep functioning as it should. The good news is, keeping the oil clean is a relatively easy process, by monitoring and replacing the oil filter every 1000 hours of operation. Here are the steps:
Step One: Inspect the shell, or outer part, of the filter. If it is obviously damaged, the entire unit should be replaced. Remove the drain plug from the bottom of the filter shell. Drain the oil.
Step Two: Locate the center stud, a long bar that runs the length of the oil filter. Remove the shell, element, and stud from the engine. Throw the element and shell's gasket.
Step Three: Remove the center studs and the gasket. If the gasket is not damaged, it can be reused. Locate the element retainer seal. Remove and discard it.
Step Four: Using the filter removal tool, take the filter out and throw it away. Remove the bypass valve by taking the screw / retainer or plug / gasket off.
Step Five: Clean the filter shell and base. The bypass valve can be cleaned in fuel oil.
Step Six: Install the center stud gasket and slide it through the filter shell. Install a new shell gasket, and put a new element over the center stud. Replace the drain plug.
Step Seven: Add oil and check the level with the dipstick.
We offer several repair kits for the Detroit Diesel 6V92 engine. These kits are some of our best sellers for this series, and come complete with everything you will need for a quick fix. After all, if it can help you avoid replacing an entire engine component, these kits can pay for themselves. Even if your engine is running fine now, it is a good idea to keep some of these kits in your shop, especially if you will be in a remote area, such as on a boat.
• Sea Water Pump Repair: The sea water intake is a very important part of the Detroit Diesel 6V92 marine engine, and can easily become clogged with seaweed or other debris. Luckily we have a repair kit, perfect for the engine that is going from port to port. These kits include an impeller, water seal, oil seal, bearing, shaft, gaskets and more.
View Raw Water (Sea Water) Pump Repair Kit
• Fuel Pump Repair Kit: Our fuel pump repair kit will work with both left and right hand oriented engines and will get your pump back to running like new.
See Fuel Pump Repair Kit
• Blower Repair: The blower is absolutely key to your Detroit Diesel 6V92 engine running smoothly. Our blower repair kits come with seals, gaskets and more.
View blower repair kit
See 6V92 Natural (Non-Turbo) Engine Parts for Sale
See 6V92 Turbo Engine Parts for Sale
- How to Track Globe Number
- What does gold mean
- Where are they now 80s rapper names
- Oprah deepak meditation day 13 full 30
- How good are Molitor golf balls
- Dr. Gilbert Soo Hoo like it
- How ngozi okonjo iweala met her husband
- How to keep cats away from doors
- Excel how to list numbers in the correct order
- Whole wheat flour causes gas
- What does hypocrisy at its finest mean?
- How to solve the hot Singapore kitchen
- How is Cocona fabric made in Italy
- How To Fix A 13 Tablet Repair
- Chowking advertisement 2016 super
- Who is a little man who is also married
- How to cut a pineapple quick parasite
- Anthony Knight Workhouse Howl
- Who Owns Bad Boy Report Atom
- How it's done Hula Hoops Chips kp
- Flowhot arcangel gastos largos flowhot
- How Quadra Drive works
- Apple TV md199ll a what generation
- Hoggan Sprint Circuit equipment wholesale