So stop hooking your driver
This is what the new electric cars from Daimler sound like
by Thomas Pentzek on 07/17/2019
Since July 1st, all electric vehicles have to be audible even when driving slowly in traffic. Daimler has now presented the sounds for the next generation of electric cars that sound engineers have developed.
Since the beginning of the month, all certified hybrid, electric and fuel cell vehicles must emit an acoustic warning signal. The Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System (AVAS) is intended to warn other road users about slow-moving electric vehicles. Daimler has now presented the latest generation of warning signals.
According to the company, this should be an unobtrusive, yet easily perceptible noise that the vehicles make up to a speed of 30 km / h. With the electric SUV EQC, the sound engineers are said to have concentrated on emphasizing the noises already present in the vehicle and not giving it a “fiction sound”.
The German automobile manufacturer will initially optimize the noises in simulations and on the acoustic test bench. "The main aim is to develop the acoustic properties of the relevant vehicle components into a coordinated overall vehicle", describes Daimler.
Legally prescribed background noise for electric vehicles
The AVAS is intended to ensure that the quiet electric vehicles offer a safe background noise that blends in with the overall vehicle noise. The noises should be discreet and easily audible, but not have a disruptive effect in the long run.
The conditions for the sound are described in detail. According to EU regulations, the minimum and maximum volume must be observed and the speed range in which the noises must be audible. However, it is up to each manufacturer to decide how their own background noise should sound.
Daimler has decided to change the background noise for the EU, China and Japan only slightly. In the USA, however, other regulations apply, which, for example, specify a different volume. There the vehicles must already make a noise when a gear is engaged in the vehicle. The noise has to get louder in the USA from a standstill up to 30 km / h. However, the AVAS regulations have one thing in common in almost all countries: the system must not be able to be switched off.
- How to make king do headgear
- What does Usile Wena
- How to install a wood stove in the shed
- How to find a second marriage in astrology
- Where is Terri Runnels now
- Przedszkole olimpijczyk smochowice poznan
- Konopnica 159 cc engine how much horsepower
- What's in the oil food group
- Orzechowski Kruszyn Arena company
- Guess the places in Chennai WhatsApp answer
- Blocked WhatsApp mean two ticks
- How to get huras kubrow
- Butter Chicken Pizza Howick Quebec
- El vengador anonimo 2 descargar whatsapp
- How to Use Legislative Reference Tracker harvard
- What is the net issue of debt
- How to make happy cat martini
- Katarzyna Stachowska Warszawa Poland
- Describe Miss Maudie Atkinson, how typical
- What about familiarity means brings contempt with it
- Bruno sacha baron cohen interview with howard
- In what вЂ ‹вЂ‹ year did America discover Christopher Columbus
- What does aut disce aut discede meaning
- What does ogologomma
- What happened between 2face and Wizkid Nigeria
- What counts as a government company
- Who was Alabama quarterback last year
- When do Buff Orpingtons start laying
- What does love mean in abundance
- What does not representable test meanings mean
- A simple Jane means something
- How long does the equipping process take
- Adam Eve Howard Heck Code
- What is Morgengifu Anglo-Saxon