How to cook soybeans for chicken feed
Do you have to cook soybeans before eating?
Soybeans are one of the most valuable sources of protein in the diet. The proteins contained in soy have a high bioavailability, which is even higher than that of peas or lentils.
Numerous foods such as tofu, tempeh, soy yoghurts and desserts contain soy, and soy can also be used wonderfully in the home kitchen. As a soy stew, in falafel, patties and much more.
But do soybeans have to be cooked before consumption, or can they also be eaten raw? In this article, we address this important question that concerns many people.
Phasin in soybeans
Like almost all legumes (pulses), raw soybeans also contain so-called phasin, a substance from the group of lectins. Phasin can cause severe digestive discomfort, vomiting, bloody stools and, in serious cases, even death. In children, even a few soybeans consumed raw can lead to symptoms.
For this reason, pulses should not be consumed raw (with a few exceptions). Soybeans must also always be boiled or fried before consumption, as heat destroys the natural poison. Phasin is also partially broken down by germination, but care should be taken to discard soybeans that have not germinated before consumption.
Phytic acid in soybeans
Another aspect of why soybeans should be cooked before eating is the phytic acid content. It is a kind of pesticide that is produced by pulses themselves and protects them from predators. Some people refer to phytic acid as an "anti-nutrient", but small amounts can also be beneficial in a balanced, vegan diet.
Phytic acid can also be reduced through germination. For this reason, it is often recommended to soak soybeans well (for example overnight) before cooking, as this triggers the germination process.
Incidentally, fermentation is not a good protection against phasin. However, fermented soy products such as. B. Tempeh and Nattō are heated in the manufacturing process and can therefore be consumed without further heating. However, soybeans are rather unsuitable for a raw diet.
Instructions: How to cook soybeans properly
- Buy dried soybeans. You can find these e.g. B. in the organic market, usually on the shelf with the legumes, where also lentils and beans are. By the way: There are also organic soybeans from Europe!
- Pour the soybeans into a colander and rinse them briefly under running water. Sort out broken or dark beans.
- Put the soybeans in a bowl with three times the amount of water and let them soak for 12 hours.
- Put the beans in a saucepan with water (you can use the soaking water for this) and cook them for 45-60 minutes. If you use a pressure cooker, the cooking time can be reduced to around 15-20 minutes.
>>> Vegan newsletter. More than 5,100 have it!
Author: Kilian Thirty
- What happened to Larry Fortensky
- Itraxyl 100 mg is how many ml
- Czechowicz wiersze chomikuj muzyka
- Where did the Rhobh go in Paris?
- When does sperm production end in men?
- How to Identify 440 Six Pack Engine
- E juice bottles wholesale uk forum
- How to Stop Hotmail Calendar Emails Disappearing
- How to Play Gnoc Sport Bingo Guam
- Iskcon chowpatty daily darshan san diego
- Operation Radication Yellowman texts what's your number
- How computers work is science
- How to use cbc-1 yeast
- How did Sifiso Nxasana die
- Neck collar after epidural what to expect
- Qed xt 400 whathifi forum
- How much do concrete form liners cost
- Psychowalkman Orion Galaxy Utdallas
- What is Irish Crossing Design
- Whole life policy mlc superannuation
- How to play rmxp games on psp
- Missing mother status for WhatsApp or Bangla
- Debes buscarte un nuevo amor descargar whatsapp
- Zk how to add tab dynamically
- Unwalla is what nationality
- What is a Lahs Merit Scholarship
- WhatsApp for 63312 warehouse
- Cocaine production in Chile which language
- How to get hyperthymesia
- Daani Sanders, what happened
- Use of user subroutines in abaqus
- How to build an airsoft tank
- 99 Uptime how much downtime