How to clean old butcher knives
Nowadays there are a large number of stain removers that can be used to remove oily stains. However, the funds are not always available at the right time. Grease stains appear on clothing and household items at the most inopportune time. Yes, and effective means of removing stains are quite expensive. For this reason, we recommend that you familiarize yourself with the tools available in every household on how to get rid of stubborn grease contaminants.
Before you start removing grease stains at home, To prepare things, do the following:
- The presence of dust and small debris makes it difficult to remove grease stains. Therefore, it is necessary to clean the original with a brush or a roller for clothes.
- Decide on the object that you want to use to remove dirt. For example, they can serve as a cotton pad.
- After you've chosen the best and most appropriate method for dealing with stains, test it on an inconspicuous part of the product to see if it doesn't affect the color and texture, and to see if it is effective.
What can be removed?
Some popular methods that use improvised remedies have proven to be effective ways of tackling grease stains. Their undeniable advantage is that most of them are always at hand. This includes:
- Laundry detergent.
- Substances containing gasoline;
- Turpentine (liquid obtained by distilling the resin of conifers with water and used in medicine);
- Shaving cream and even fresh bread.
How to remove from the fabric?
As you can imagine, grease stains are easier to treat as soon as they appear. After a period of time has passed to remove the contamination, it will be much more difficult.
It is no secret that not only clothes, kitchen towels and tablecloths, but also curtains are at risk. It is especially difficult to avoid stains when this decorative element is located near the stove - in the place of direct cooking or on the kitchen table. Therefore, many housewives are interested in how to remove stains without damaging the fragile texture of the fabric. Dirty curtains do not add any comfort to the kitchen interior at all and you do not always want to part with your favorite decor.
There are several common methods that you can use to fix this problem. However, if you do not trust them, then you can always go for special methods of removing stains. However, it should be remembered that curtains and tulle usually have a fragile structure that is easy to damage.
It is therefore necessary to handle these tools carefully. We recommend testing the effect of the agent on a small area of tissue first. If everything is in order and no undesirable effects are observed, then it is safe to use the selected tool.
How can you remove grease stains on a specific tissue? We offer you to familiarize yourself with various common methods:
- Washing-up liquid. The product must be soaked in hot water with a detergent (at high temperatures, grease stains disappear faster). For the best effect, first apply the product directly to a greasy stain and leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
- Water, salt and soda. To get rid of the stain, you need to mix about 1 teaspoon of salt with the same amount of soda. Pour a stain of oil or other fatty substance into hot water, then sprinkle it with a mixture of salt and soda. Then leave the product in this form for about half an hour and then wash it in soapy water.
- Water and acetic acid. Speaking of removing stains, it's impossible not to neglect vinegar. When used as a stain remover, 9% acetic acid should be used. Using a more concentrated solution is not recommended as it can significantly affect the color and texture of the fabric. It should also be noted that this method is not suitable for cleaning colored and dark products. After this procedure, the thing may lose color and white will appear in the place of the grease stain. Mix this component with water and apply the mixture on a greasy area. After a few minutes, the pollution will begin to disappear. After removing stains, the fabric should be washed as usual.
- Stain remover. On the contrary, this substance is suitable for removing stains from colored objects. You can use bleach for white fabrics. It is necessary to put a fabric folded several times under the place. It picks up dirt residues. Then moisten the stain with warm water. Using a cotton swab moistened with a stain remover, gently wipe the stain from the edges to the center. Discs should be replaced when they become contaminated. After processing, the laundry must be washed completely.
- Chalk powder. You can use this tool to remove grease stains from materials such as cotton, chiffon, and silk. It is necessary to sprinkle a grease stain with powder, and then let it stand for a couple of hours. After that, you need to remove the chalk with a damp cloth and wash your clothes in warm water.
- Laundry detergent. This cleaning method is suitable for almost every type of tissue. The disadvantage is that this breeding method cannot be called fast. It is necessary to take 72% (or more) detergent, rub the contaminated area and leave for about 12 hours. For a more effective effect, you can wrap the thing in cellophane. After processing, you need to wash it.
- Sugar and detergent. This method is much faster than the previous one. It helps deal with a fat spot in literally 15-20 minutes. But he will save the best cotton product. Lather dirt and sprinkle with sugar. Then rub in with a brush. Wait the required time and wash the device in warm soapy water.
To remove grease soiling from white clothes, such agents as ammonia can be used. The technology of its application is similar to that of the use of acetic acid. With these two substances you can protect your favorite white shirt or comfortable white T-shirt from grease stains with little effort.
Of course, vinegar can be used to remove stains on clothing of any color - be it blue, yellow, or red. In this case, however, it is necessary to use it in combination with such means as table salt or mustard powder. It is necessary to mix the above components in approximately equal proportions, and then add warm water to the mixture. Apply the mixture to the contaminated area and leave it on for 5-10 minutes. After a while, wash the product as usual.
If it is not a fresh stain, but an old one, you will need to leave the mixture on for much longer - around 12 hours. After that, the product must be washed several times.
If the grease got on a knitted sweater, sweater, or dress, a wool stain remover is best. It should be very careful as you cannot rub the stain. Use a sponge to lightly dampen the stained area.
We clean bags
Leather products are very popular in our time because leather is a durable material that is not afraid of moisture. Maintaining such products is not particularly difficult. However, when grease stains occur on these types of products, there are a number of difficulties. Leather items should not be washed or come into contact with sharp objects. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with various methods with the help of which you can wash or clean the grease on the leather product:
- Napkins, blotting paper. There are cases when you have to deal with grease stains on a leather bag outside the home. This method is well suited for such emergency situations. You need to put a couple of napkins on the leftover fat, and then wait a while for the napkin to absorb the fat. If there is a lot on the product, the cloth must be changed regularly. After this process, the product must be partially enclosed in warm water.
- Heating with an iron. For this method you come back in a handy cloth. We need to put it on the contaminated area, turn on the iron and set the mode to the minimum temperature. Gently iron the area with a stain until the oil is absorbed by the napkin.
- Old toothbrush. Extreme caution should be exercised when using this method. It should be noted that the brush will only help with minor dirt on suede.
- Shaving cream. Apply foam to the dirt and wait 30 minutes. If this product can be wetted, lock it in soapy water or a washing machine and set it to a sensitive mode.
- Bread Fresh bread can also help combat grease stains. And it is recommended to use white bread. You need to roll the balls out of the crumb and gently wipe the stain with them.
- Nail polish remover. This tool can be used for natural leather products. Apply the liquid to the contaminated area with a cloth or cotton pad and gently wipe it off.
- Starch This method is also suitable for removing impurities from natural products. It is necessary to sprinkle starch on grease stains. Wait 15-20 minutes for the powder to absorb the fat.
- Alcohol.This component can also help combat fat contamination in leather products. You can replace it with vodka.
- Gasoline Apply a small amount of gasoline to the contaminated area with a napkin or cotton ball. This simple method helps to get rid of fat easily, but after the procedure it is necessary to wipe the product and, if possible, wash it, otherwise the pungent smell will not go away so quickly. You should also keep in mind that this method is better for cleaning unpainted products, but you can try its effects on an inconspicuous spot. If no negative effect is observed, you can safely remove the contamination. This component can be replaced with turpentine.
- Baking soda and water. It is necessary to dissolve the soda in water so that the consistency of the paste comes out. Apply the mixture to the contaminated area and let it dry completely. Remove soda from the product, clean the surface from the remnants of the mixture.
If none of the above methods worked for you or they weren't effective, use the means you bought to remove stains.
We remove old pollution
It becomes more difficult when you have to remove stubborn grease stains. They are sometimes very difficult to wash even if you use stain removers at the factory. There are a number of methods for such cases:
- Glycerin and gasoline. First, the glycerin must be heated in a water bath. It is desirable that the substance be heated to a fairly high temperature, about 30-40 degrees. Saturate the contaminated area with heated glycerin and gently wipe. Moisten a cotton swab or napkin with gasoline and use it to remove any glycerine residue. Wash the thing after the procedure.
- Water, glycerin, ammonia.It is necessary to mix these ingredients in equal proportions. The resulting liquid dabs the stain and sets the product aside for 2-3 hours. After that, it should be washed as usual. The process described is suitable for cleaning products made from silk, velor and velvet, i.e. products made from sensitive materials.
- Sawdust and gasoline. Soak the sawdust in gasoline and wait until the wood is completely saturated. After sprinkling with sawdust contaminated area and leave. Wait for the sawdust to dry. Clean sawdust and wash the product as usual.
- Purified gasoline. This substance is found in lighters, for example. Dip a cotton ball in gasoline and wipe the area around the dirt. This prevents a divorce from occurring. Then wipe the stain from the edges towards the center. After the procedure, wash the product in warm soapy water. This method works well for removing contaminants from jeans.
To remove the old grease contaminants, you can use factory tools. Some of them:
- "Ace Oxi Magic". This tool works well for removing stains from colored fabric products. Hostesses positively assess its effectiveness, in addition, the cost is relatively low - 60-120 rubles per package. The tool itself is a powder that must be sprayed with the contaminated area, moistened with warm water and left for 10-15 minutes. In the case of old soiling, the waiting time can be up to 30 minutes. After application, this tool should wash the thing in the usual way.
- "Sarma Active". This tool is relatively new. But it can safely be called a worthy domestic equivalent of imported funds. The advantages of "Sarma Active" include efficiency and a relatively low price. 500 g of powder cost an average of 50-60 rubles. Another benefit of this tool is its availability. It can be found in almost every supermarket. Application - similar to the previous tool. "Sarma Active" is suitable for both colored and white things. In addition, this tool can be used when washing children's clothes. Studies have shown that it does not cause allergic reactions in babies.
- Antipyatin. The way of releasing this tool is different: spray, powder and soap. Used as a catalyst. Add it to your usual powder that you use while washing.
- "Udalix Ultra". This tool is great for dealing with old pollution. Used when soaking the product.
- "Minute". This tool is also great for cleaning old stains. For removing soiling from jackets, down jackets, raincoats and Bolonyvogo fabrics. Apply the product for 20-25 minutes. Wash the product after the procedure. If this is not possible, wipe the contaminated area with a sponge. The tool has a certain smell. Ventilate the device after use.
Before proceeding with the removal of grease contaminants, it is a good idea to decide what type of material to process. Gentle, sensitive materials cannot tolerate cleaning with force and active friction, as the texture or color of the fabric can be deformed.
If the grease got on the black or varnished skin, then the use of alkaline solutions and oxidizing agents is not recommended. There is a risk of damaging the color of the product. Don't leave greasy dirt behind for long periods of time. Of course, you can always try to derive them using the methods outlined in this article. However, there is a risk that the stains will remain on the product forever. If the methods listed didn't work in your situation, then you can use them chemical cleaning.
Grease stains on the fabric - not a problem these days. It is only necessary to choose the appropriate way to remove these impurities. And then you can save any product - from curtains to sweatpants.
For more tips on removing grease stains from clothes, see the next video.
Rate this article
share with friends
- Where I was born and raised
- Powerhead 3c1 how to
- Chalala Leo Magalhaes Baixar WhatsApp
- How to stop water leaks in Minecraft
- Webdunia Telugu font in WhatsApp
- How many hours is 486 miles
- How did Justin Panzanaro die
- What size screen for Open Rails Simulator
- Charles William where you want to be
- Koala has teeth like many
- What is relay race approach
- How to disable a mobile tracker
- Winnipeg Sunshine Girl Brianne Howie
- How self-regulating pressure regulating valve works principle
- How do rods and cones work
- Ically suffix means someone who
- What is Hoellen Engel Dago Mob
- Who Do Lasermonks Inc.
- How does a quiet shaky working day work
- How to make paper pulp furniture
- How Fedex Works Enterprise Systems Answers Yahoo!
- How to use sibot spice
- King of Casino Chow Yun fat woman
- 12V only when the engine is running
- Semex czestochowa polands abandoned
- How to win five in a row
- Spanish Foreign Legion how to join
- Sreerupa mitra chowdhury company
- How to unlock lol account shop
- What does Owimoweh mean
- How to delete dtl plus
- What does potato muncher mean
- DVD cases wholesale uk items
- How to prevent woolen jackets from spilling