How to backup individual photos from iphoto
Four ways to back up iPhoto
iPhoto is the included photo manager that not only manages and edits your photos, but also allows you to get more out of them by creating photo books, greeting cards, and slideshows from them. At this point, iPhoto will not save any digital photos. Instead, it saves your memories.
Therefore, losing years of images stored in iPhoto is definitely a disaster. Just imagine your babies' first smile and the photo of their first step, the photos of your daughter's graduation, as well as the happiest moments with your family and friends - all gone. But wait a moment; why not back up iPhoto so this never happens?
1. iPhoto backup to CD / DVD
In fact, iPhoto comes with a simple burn option to back up your iPhoto images to CD / DVD. That is how it goes:
1. Open iPhoto.
2. Select the photos you want to backup to CD / DVD. You can select the entire library, a single album or event, or just a few photos. Select the entry you want to save with one click. You can select multiple events, albums or photos by holding the Shift key while you click. Note that the number of photos you can back up to CD / DVD is limited by the capacity of the CD or DVD. A CD holds up to 700 MB of data; a DVD holds up to 4.7 GB.
3. Go on Deploy -> Burn from the iPhoto menu and follow the instructions on the screen. You have to insert the CD / DVD and enter the name of the disk.
4. Click on Burnto burn the iPhoto backup to CD / DVD. When it's finished, store your finished disc in a safe place - keep it dry and out of the reach of baby hands.
Note: If you don't have iDVD, just try some other powerful DVD burning software for Mac >>
2. Use Time Machine
As a Mac user, you may already know that every new Mac comes with its own powerful backup tool called Time Machine. It is an automatic backup program that creates a bootable copy of your hard drive at regular intervals.
Please note that Time Machine does not back up the libraries during the backup process when iPhoto is running. So you should close iPhoto to make sure Time Machine is backing up your libraries. You can also do a manual backup by exiting iPhoto and choosing Create Backup Now from the Time Machine Tools menu.
3. Create iPhoto backup on an external hard drive
Another way to create an iPhoto backup is to use an external hard drive. What you need to do to put on one iPhoto backups to an external hard drive (HD) all you need is a reliable hard drive. Some of the more reliable brands out there are Samsung, Toshiba, Seagate, and Western Digital. You can just follow the simple steps below:
1. Quit iPhoto if it is open.
2. Connect your external hard drive to your Mac using either a Firewire or USB cable. It depends on your hard drive.
3. Your external hard drive should be recognized and mounted by the Mac. If not, install the necessary drivers or follow the user guide.
4. Find your iPhoto library by going to Home (username) -> Pictures -> iPhoto Library and dragging the files you want into the external hard drive window.
5. Rename the original iPhoto library to iPhoto Library.old or something similar.
6. Hold the Option key and open iPhoto. You will be asked to choose which photo library to use. Select the iPhoto library (on the external hard drive).
7. iPhoto should load all of your photos from the external hard drive. Before you delete iPhoto Library.old, double-check your photos.
8. Delete iPhoto Library.old to free up storage or keep the folder for a few more days in case something goes wrong.
4. Create iPhoto backup in the cloud storage
Actually, there is also a new iPhoto backup method: a backup to the cloud storage. Some of the industry leaders are Carbonite (Unlimited GB for $ 59.99 / year), Backblaze (Unlimited GB for $ 50 / year), and SugarSync (60 GB for $ 74.99 / year). Some of the companies offer a symbolic monthly payment service. Just choose the option that is right for you.
- Thomas like speedminer sdn. bhd.
- Wfm igp how can i help
- What is high quality matter examples
- Howard Slochowsky and Slochowsky
- How to edit Google Docs offline Chromebook
- Silk Cotton Saris Wholesale Chennai Card
- How to make soft grass jelly juice
- What bets bookmakers hate
- Fiona Howard supervision training for lcsw
- How To Make Ti Sheet Hip Height
- Quoting what you allow continues
- How to do database tests with selenium
- Rebiechowo rozklad lotow ryanair
- Pielet Brothers junkyard where was it
- Billborough Cricket Club postcodes everywhere
- Using the Boussinesq Stress Contour Plot
- Jackie Howard Heck intern Shannon
- 2007 masi campofiorin veronese who painted
- How to suppress appetite for anabolic kit
- Dulcolax Pico fluid how long to work
- Ujustme what is the saying funny answers
- Who would win Saitama vs Goku Comic
- What is Lia Informant
- How to eat melon kiwano