Nancy Newhouse and Michael Iovenko
Nancy Newhouse became editor of the Travel section and the Sophisticated Traveler in February 1989, after having served as editor of the Living / Style department since April 1977. In that position she had overall supervision of the Home and Living sections and the daily fashion and consumer pages.
Ms. Newhouse joined The New York Times in March 1977 as the first editor of the new Home section. She retired from The Times in fall 2004. Before joining The Times, Ms. Newhouse had been a senior editor of House & Garden magazine. She joined New York Magazine in 1970 and left as a senior editor in 1975.
She won the Penney-Missouri Journalism Award on behalf of the Living / Style department in 1982 and 1983 and again in 1985.
Ms. Newhouse was the editor of the "Hers" column that ran in the Home Section and later in The Times's Sunday Magazine, and edited "Hers: Through Women's Eyes," a collection of the columns, published by Villard in 1985.
Born in 1936 in Bellingham, Washington, Ms. Newhouse, then Nancy Riley, graduated from Vassar College in 1958. She lived in France from 1964 to 1970.
A member of the Women's Forum of New York and of the Century Association, she is also on the advisory board of the Vassar Quarterly magazine.
Her husband, Michael Iovenko, a lawyer, died in 2001. Ms. Newhouse was made a Chevalier of the Ordre National de Merite by the government in 1998. Currently, she is spending time in her garden in New York, spending time in Paris and traveling. She serves on the board of the Center for Creative Resources as well as on the board of WET.
- What is thistle called in Urdu
- How to install cs tools r136a1
- How to do core math 1
- Drive nowhere 20th anniversary edition rare
- Janai Street to Howrah Distance Formula
- Hello how ru sms tracker
- What is disturbing wifi signal
- Swirlio how to clean
- How to use infobox in the mediawiki forum
- How to make a custom bumper lip
- How to Build a Pex Hose Unwinder
- How do i get doomwood token aqw wiki
- How to convert 8 rad sec to rpm
- How did Tom Horn lose his finger
- How to play zelda on the dolphin emulator
- Michael Gray somewhere beyond TV Rock Remix
- 0-2 years of experience means something
- Whatever happened to harold smith
- How old is Alisha Biehn Joyner
- Who makes Bx7 lighters texts
- No drop table mysql dump where
- How to breed Uriel Monster Legends
- Who is marc rieu married to?
- How to make whipped glaze does not melt