What is SQL Server Management Studio
Download SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
Applies to:SQL Server (all supported versions) Azure SQL Database Azure SQL Managed Instance Azure Synapse Analytics
SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) is an integrated environment for managing any SQL infrastructure, from SQL Server to Azure SQL Database. SSMS provides tools to configure, monitor, and administer instances of SQL Server and databases. Use SSMS to deploy, monitor, and upgrade the data-tier components used by your applications, and build queries and scripts.
Use SSMS to query, design, and manage your databases and data warehouses, wherever they are - on your local computer, or in the cloud.
Download SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) 18.9.1
SSMS 18.9.1 is the latest general availability (GA) version. If you have a previous GA version of SSMS 18 installed, installing SSMS 18.9.1 upgrades it to 18.9.1.
- Release number: 18.9.1
- Build number: 15.0.18384.0
- Release date: April 20, 2021
If you have comments or suggestions, or you want to report issues, the best way to contact the SSMS team is at SQL Server user feedback. By using SQL Server Management Studio, you agree to its license terms and privacy statement.
The SSMS 18.x installation doesn't upgrade or replace SSMS versions 17.x or earlier. SSMS 18.x installs side by side with previous versions, so both versions are available for use. However, if you have a preview version of SSMS 18.x installed, you must uninstall it before installing SSMS 18.9.1. You can see if you have the preview version by going to the Help> About window.
If a computer contains side-by-side installations of SSMS, verify you start the correct version for your specific needs. The latest version is labeled Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 18
Beginning with SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) 18.7, Azure Data Studio is automatically installed alongside SSMS. Users of SQL Server Management Studio are now able to benefit from the innovations and features in Azure Data Studio. Azure Data Studio is a cross-platform and open-source desktop tool for your environments, whether in the cloud, on-premises, or hybrid.
To learn more about Azure Data Studio, check out What is Azure Data Studio or the FAQ.
This release of SSMS can be installed in the following languages:
SQL Server Management Studio 18.9.1:
Chinese (Simplified) | Chinese (Traditional) | English (United States) | French | German | Italian | Japanese | Korean | Portuguese (Brazil) | Russian | Spanish
If you are accessing this page from a non-English language version, and want to see the most up-to-date content, please visit the US-English version of the site. You can download different languages from the US-English version site by selecting available languages.
For details and more information about what's new in this release, see Release notes for SQL Server Management Studio.
There are a few known issues with this release.
This article is for the latest version of SSMS only. To download previous versions of SSMS, visit Previous SSMS releases.
In December 2021, releases of SSMS prior to 18.6 will no longer authenticate through Azure Active Directory with MFA.
To continue utilizing Azure Active Directory authentication with MFA, you need SSMS 18.6 or later.
You can also install SSMS using a command prompt script.
If you want to install SSMS in the background with no GUI prompts, then follow the steps below.
Launch the command prompt with elevated permissions.
Type the command below in the command prompt.
You can also pass / Passive instead of / Quiet to see the setup UI.
If all goes well, you can see SSMS installed at% systemdrive% \ SSMSto \ Common7 \ IDE \ Ssms.exe "based on the example. If something went wrong, you could inspect the error code returned and take a peek at the% TEMP % \ SSMSSetup for the log file.
Installation with Azure Data Studio
- Starting with SSMS 18.7, SSMS installs a system version of Azure Data Studio by default. If an equal or greater system version of Azure Data Studio stable or insiders is already present on the workstation compared to the included version of Azure Data Studio, the installation of Azure Data Studio by SSMS is skipped. The Azure Data Studio version can be found in the release notes.
- The Azure Data Studio system installer requires the same security rights as the SSMS installer.
- The Azure Data Studio installation is completed with the default Azure Data Studio installation options. These are to create a Start Menu folder and add Azure Data Studio to PATH. A desktop shortcut is not created and Azure Data Studio is not registered as a default editor for any file types.
- Localization of Azure Data Studio is accomplished through Language Pack extensions. To localize Azure Data Studio, download the corresponding language pack from the extension marketplace.
- At this time, the installation of Azure Data Studio can be skipped by launching the SSMS installer with the command line flag.
There are shared components that remain installed after you uninstall SSMS.
The shared components that remain installed are:
- Azure Data Studio
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2
- Microsoft OLE DB Driver for SQL Server
- Microsoft ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server
- Microsoft Visual C ++ 2013 Redistributable (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C ++ 2017 Redistributable (x86)
- Microsoft Visual C ++ 2017 Redistributable (x64)
- Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applications 2017
These components aren't uninstalled because they can be shared with other products. If uninstalled, you may run the risk of disabling other products.
Supported SQL offerings
- This version of SSMS works with all supported versions of SQL Server 2008 - SQL Server 2019 (15.x) and provides the greatest level of support for working with the latest cloud features in Azure SQL Database and Azure Synapse Analytics.
- Additionally, SSMS 18.x can be installed side by side with SSMS 17.x, SSMS 16.x, or SQL Server 2014 SSMS and earlier.
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) - SSMS version 17.x or later doesn't support connecting to the legacy SQL Server Integration Services service. To connect to an earlier version of the legacy Integration Services, use the version of SSMS aligned with the version of SQL Server. For example, use SSMS 16.x to connect to the legacy SQL Server 2016 Integration Services service. SSMS 17.x and SSMS 16.x can be installed side by side on the same computer. Since the release of SQL Server 2012, the SSIS Catalog database, SSISDB, is the recommended way to store, manage, run, and monitor Integration Services packages. For details, see SSIS Catalog.
SSMS system requirements
The current release of SSMS supports the following 64-bit platforms when used with the latest available service pack:
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 10 (64-bit) version 1607 (10.0.14393) or later
- Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2019 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2016 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)
- 1.8 GHz or faster x86 (Intel, AMD) processor. Dual-core or better recommended
- 2 GB of RAM; 4 GB of RAM recommended (2.5 GB minimum if running on a virtual machine)
- Hard disk space: Minimum of 2 GB up to 10 GB of available space
SSMS is available only as a 32-bit application for Windows. If you need a tool that runs on operating systems other than Windows, we recommend Azure Data Studio. Azure Data Studio is a cross-platform tool that runs on macOS, Linux, as well as Windows. For details, see Azure Data Studio.
Get help for SQL tools
Contribute to SQL documentation
Did you know that you could edit the content yourself? If you do so, not only will our documentation improve, but you'll also be credited as a contributor to the page.
- Whooligans Irish Band Long Beach
- What is the procedure code 11200
- What are the Poles wearing
- Jack Links Lil Chub Wholesale
- How to Make PVC Pneumatic Pistons
- How does camouflage represent the form-fit function theme
- What is Activecell Value2 in VBA
- Hydrargyri oxydum flavum which language
- Who is the voice of Brennan's bread
- Cantor gave no solid evidence anywhere
- Arp invalid ethernet address what is it
- How to write dvd in cdfs format
- How to Say a Meeting Point in Japanese
- Howard Heck Rob Mcelhenney Tattoos
- Jess connelly how i love
- Nimco shop in Karachi, how to lift
- Watchdogs where is Philandra's car
- Mhow station contact number
- What is naipit in english
- Osbot doesn't work how to hold in 2015
- Whatsapp group comedy pictures pakistan
- When to stop worrying about quotes
- Drive nowhere 20th anniversary edition rare
- What causes large hip bones in men
- How to make idm compatible with Firefox
- How many reference numbers in Cebuana lhuillier
- Coco jones what i said letraset
- Who are the Boston Bruins announcers
- Dolniak andrzej adwokat wachowski
- How to focus on yourself
- How to Use Neopuff Infant Breathing Apparatus
- Barbara Hower entertainment tonight
- Damon Howatt Super Diablo Connection td