What does tiki party mean
Tiki Party Guide
Say aloha to tiki time! Plan a tiki party for your family and friends using our planning guide.
Get the party started with an Evite invitation, like the premium “Tiki Time” invitation below or a free “Tiki Time” invitation. Check out Evite’s full invitation gallery for more designs.
Bring the spirit of the South Pacific into your home by kicking off your shoes and stringing leis, beaded curtains and paper party lanterns everywhere. Turn your lights low, and use flickering tea lights and candles in delicious scents like lemongrass or plumeria to turn your pad into a tropical Shangri-La.
Go crazy with tiki party supplies: wrap your tables in grass skirts, put cocktail umbrellas in drinks and use tiki mugs instead of glasses. If it's warm and you've got outdoor space, lure your guests outside with a luau-style BBQ, bamboo torches and tiki statues.
Think 1950s bright hues and tropical prints. Tiki is all about the allure of Pacific cultures so you can mix Asian, Hawaiian and other influences: pair a Suzie Wong dress with flip flops, or match your Aloha shirt to leather-thonged sandals.
If your affair is more chic than beach, think posh and smart attire such as three-button suits and vintage cocktail dresses, with wraparound as well as cat eye glasses. Ladies, don't forget to tuck a flower behind your ear.
Did somebody say limbo? A surefire way to get your guests in the party mood is to challenge their flexibility with a limbo contest. You can buy pre-made sets, but it's just as easy to decorate a broomstick with streamers and put on some energetic music.
The kids at your party will love indulging in island culture by creating their own Polynesian-inspired tattoos. Set up a table with washable markers - black, brown and tan are classic, but purples and reds add a little island flair. To offer some inspiration, download some pictures from the Internet and create stencils for the children to use as guides.
Hold a Beatnik-inspired, spoken-word performance and hand out prices for the best pieces. Make sure everyone snaps instead of claps!
You don’t have to slow-cook a whole kalua pig to feed your pals. Keep the emphasis on sweet and savory combinations like grilled pineapple skewers, chicken satay and coconut shrimp. Be inventive with your crudités, too, and include jícama and sugar snap peas along with the usual suspects. You can never go wrong with multicolored chips made from yams, taro root and yucca.
Singapore Sling (1 serving)
- 1 1/4 ounce gin
- Dash of Grenadine
- Dash of sweet and sour mix
- Splash of soda
- Slash of cherry brandy
- Orange slice or maraschino cherry
Shake gin, grenadine and sour mix and pour in a large glass. Add a splash of soda, float cherry brandy on top, then garnish with an orange slice and a maraschino cherry. For a non-alcoholic alternative, stir up a fruit punch like this tropical fruit punch.Print
Other Items You Might be Interested In
- How the kiwi lost its wing origin
- When Cecil Sage hen chirps meaning
- Table saw stops when touched
- What do different colored love hearts mean
- How to Graph Cobb Douglas Isoquant Line
- Howden singapore pte ltd
- Ash remains at the end of me Descargar WhatsApp
- How to beat akali lol
- How to know the Zantel modem number
- Yamishibai, what is ominie-san
- Watchdogs where is Philandra's car
- Ireport print when printing new boolean
- Callum Wharry, how old is Adele
- What is falda meat in english
- How to Serve Lord of Atlantis
- When does the Cossall trunk start online
- Cid is the abbreviation for which name
- Nicolite's disposable guide to playing
- The boy who fell manga
- How many words per column inch measurement
- Moloch howls meaning in Hindi
- Glacier edge bed everywhere
- Howard Adderley Pacific Palisades
- What does PSNL mean on Facebook