What is a pivot door closer
Pivot Table Slicer
What is a pivot table slicer?
Pivot Table Slicer is a tool in MS Excel. The purpose of slicer in excel is to filter the data present in a pivot table. The data can be presented based on various categories with the help of this slicer as it offers a way to apply the filters on the pivot table that dynamically changes the view of the pivot table data.
How to Create a Pivot Table Slicer in Excel?
- Step 1: Select the data and go to the insert tab; then, click on the pivot table.
- Pivot table fields dialog displays the fields to be added to the resultant report, i.e., the dataset for the pivot table slicer. The filter section has a column that acts as a table slicer.
- The columns field denotes the columns to be displayed. The rows section has the table field whose data should be displayed for the selected column. Values field displays the actual values to display, which the pivot table is prepared for, e.g., SUM, PRODUCT, AVERAGE, etc.
- Step 2: Now, a Pivot Table is Created.
- Step 3: Once the Pivot Table is ready, Goto Insert -> Filters tab> Slicer.
Example # 1 - Display Fruit-wise Sales for Each Country
Here, the rows would be for each country, and the columns will be for each of the fruits as we need to display the fruit-wise sales figures for each country. Hence, as shown in the figure above, Slicer is created in the Category field, which has 2 Product values, Fruit and Vegetables. Since we have to display the fruits records, we will select fruit from the slicer.
On the right side, PivotTableFields window, all those fields needed to be considered while preparing the pivot table are checked. E.g., Quantity, Product, Country, and Category. Here, Apple / Banana / Mango is the Products, whereas Fruit / Vegetable are the Categories.
Filters field has the column selected as Category as we have to choose between Fruit or Vegetable. Rows section has Country selected, and Columns section has Product. The Values section has Sum of Quantity selected as we have to display the total sales for each fruit across the countries.
The Grand Total Column at the last displays the total sales figures of all the fruits for a given country. The Grand Total Row at the last displays the total sales of a given fruit for all the countries.
Example # 2 - Monthly Fruit Sales for Each Country
This extension is explained in Example # 1 above. As shown in the above figure, the Date field was added to the fields to add to the report. The rows sections add a date field, as the sales figures for each month are displayed.
Example # 3 - Multiple slicers
As illustrated in the above figure. Multiple slicers are used; those are the product, country, and category. The fruit is selected from the value category. Mango and Apple are selected from Product options. Australia, Canada, France are chosen from country values.
Consequently, the data displayed in the pivot table on the left contains column data for the values of fruit, i.e., Apple and Mango. The rows are only selected for the country options.
Things to Remember
- It is used to create various views out of PivotTable in Excel based on the filters and visualizes the dataset in the desired format.
- For pivot table data, there may be one or more table slicers. Ideally, more slicers in the pivot table, more granular data visualization in Excel is possible.
- Fields / values in a table slicer are multi-selectable, as shown in the figure below.
- Further, any kind of analysis can be performed on the data filtered using Pivot Slicer.
This has been a guide to Pivot Table Slicer. Here we discuss how to insert slicers in a Pivot Table in Excel along with practical examples and a downloadable excel template. You may learn more about excel from the following articles -
- 35+ courses
- 120+ hours
- Full lifetime access
- Certificate of Completion
- How to cook buwad with kamatis drawing
- What types of Belmont cigarettes are there
- What does Embromar
- How craigslist makes money
- What does physically mean?
- What is a ratus treatment
- 1776 1976 Eisenhower half dollar value
- Italian soap opera stars who have died
- Imslp brahms 4 score is how long
- How to increase the backspace speed
- How to reset p2p ip camera
- Who is akinboade adeniyi makanjuola
- How to paint beehive fleet juggernaut
- What's my perfect man quiz
- How to pronounce esopus
- Taav Vaporaire Tie Instructions
- How to set the proxy in Eclipse 3.7
- Netflix whoops something went wrong w80072ee4
- Sarg reports logrotate howto
- Bird feeder bell, how to hang
- How to delete Strauss Aura Kingdom
- When is the next 3600 year cycle?
- Chowdary symbols of friendship
- Who owns a quiet refinery company