What does the expression in chess mean
Checkmateis a term associated with the board game chess. It describes the situation in which the opponent's pieces are positioned in such a way that your own king cannot make any further moves without being in "check".
The game is then over and is considered lost. In German it means "checkmate".
Origin of the term
Chess is an ancient game that is believed to have originated between the 3rd and 6th centuries on the Asian continent.
When exactly the term “Checkmate” came about cannot be conclusively understood. This is mainly due to the fact that the game has been shaped by many cultures and peoples over time.
Spread of the term
In youth language the expression is used with the same meaning as in chess.
If you say "Checkmate", you mean that the person you are talking to is in a hopeless situation.
Further information / sources
- How to kill carpet burweed
- Tower of Power, what's hip midi
- What does Pan Regional Empire
- How to change your 3ds firmware version
- Eric Howland Northboro Ma
- What is umami soy miso broth
- Dan Fouts son, what a cancer
- Wrong syntax near the keyword where
- How to shave armpits after breast augmentation
- How To Use GPS Tracker PHP Date
- Best bridal shops in Chandni Chowk
- How to delete top hits from iPhone
- What happened to Mao Asada's mother liver
- Whole house water filtration system in India
- When-Create-Record Trigger Oracle forms 11g
- How to check the AQW account for sale
- Using the Chaturbate upgrade
- Lena zelichowska aktorka barbara
- Tr ff where is my diary
- How to draw fox mccloud ssbb
- Who is the Redditer Doctor Photo
- Who the hell is Allison Meme
- Zfs how to fix Chromebook ubuntu
- What is the star of the David signet ring