Skyrim How to Get Housecarl in Riften
- "If you're looking to settle in Riften, there's a house for sale - Honeyside. See the steward in the keep if you want it."
- ―Rifte Guard
Honeyside is a moderate-sized house located in the city of Riften. Any citizen who desires to become Thane of the Rift must purchase property within its realm, and Honeyside is the only property available for purchase by the Dragonborn.
Notable items [edit | edit source]
With its exterior entry, tanning rack, cooking place, alchemy lab, and arcane enchanter, Honeyside can be a useful home for hunters and those who are interested in alchemy or enchanting. Also, Honeyside is one of two purchasable houses in a city in Skyrim that have exterior areas (porch, dock, and garden), while the other is Solitude'sProudspire Manor.
Acquisition [edit | edit source]
Honeyside can only be acquired on the path to becoming a Thane of Riften. To achieve this, the Dragonborn must have good reputation with Riften citizens and have proven their worth to the Jarl. Below are the steps to acquiring Honeyside.
Alternatively, using the console command instantly allows the Honeyside to be purchased from the Jarl's steward, Anuriel.
Step one: proving worth to the Jarl [edit | edit source]
This can only be done via the quest "Skooma Trade," which starts by talking to an Argonian named Wujeeta in or near the Riften Fishery located at the docks outside of Riften.
Wujeeta will want a healing potion in exchange for her talking. Once she has the potion, she will answer questions, giving information about the Skooma dealer that can be reported to the Jarl. After this, two other quests revolving around putting a stop to the Skooma trade will be received. If Wujeeta is intentionally killed by the Dragonborn during this quest, Honeyside and the title of Thane will no longer be available.
Upon completion of this quest, the Jarl may begin the formalities of pronouncing the Dragonborn Thane of the Rift if the Dragonborn has a high enough reputation with the citizens of the Rift.
Step two: building reputation [edit | edit source]
An improved reputation with the Riften citizens can be attained by doing small tasks and miscellaneous quests for them. Usually, gaining full reputation in The Rift requires completing between four and five of the quests listed below, but this may vary.
An indication that they have completed enough of these tasks will appear when the miscellaneous quests section prompts the Dragonborn to talk to the Jarl. At that point, select the first speaking prompt with the Jarl, and she will heartily congratulate the Dragonborn on their good deeds and offer the title of Thane, and then Honeyside can be purchased.
- Rifte reputation quests
Step three: purchasing Honeyside [edit | edit source]
After enough reputation has been acquired, the Dragonborn can talk to the Jarl's Steward, Anuriel, or Hemming Black-Briar, if the Civil War quest line was completed for the Imperials, who will offer to sell a house for 8,000 , but may be bought for as little as 5,000 . If one has at least 5,000 , the option of "I'll take it" will be available. With this option selected, she will take all of the Dragonborn's gold, up to 8,000 , and give them the key to Honeyside and the Rifte Home Decorating Guide.
She will then sell upgrades to the property.
Honeyside can also be purchased after the completion of the Skyrim Civil War questline if Maven Black-Briar is made Jarl.
Honeyside is located in the northwest corner of Riften. It can be reached from outside the city by following the path directly west of the Riften Stables.
Advantages and disadvantages [edit | edit source]
Advantages [edit | edit source]
- Unlike Breezehome, it can be equipped with an arcane enchanter, weapon and shield displays, mannequins, and a four-space weapon rack.
- Smithing facilities are at the Scorched Hammer a short distance away. It is also very close to The Pawned Prawn shop.
- One of the Thieves Guildfences, Tonilia, is located in the Ragged Flagon (which requires a trip with three transitions to reach from the home).
- For Thieves Guild members who have progressed far enough in its quest line, there is a Thief Cache barrel in the garden that regularly refills with useful items.
- The two fish barrels that come with the porch update regularly and produce fish-related ingredients and food.
- The exit to the porch is to outside of the Riften city walls, in Skyrim proper. Honeyside is the only house in a city that can be bought with a direct exit to Skyrim, very beneficial for vampires / werewolves or if the player simply wishes to bypass a bounty.
- The garden upgrade produces both alchemy ingredients (including several needed for radiant collection quests such as Jazbay Grapes and Nightshade) and food items. There are also two chickens there, which provide meat and petty souls (these chickens do not activate a bounty in the Rift if killed).
- Storage is adequate, with a cupboard, a desk, a chest, a wardrobe, two end tables, and three barrels upstairs, while the storage downstairs consists of the housecarl's dresser, end table, and wardrobe, plus two mannequins. There are also two bookcases, one upstairs and one downstairs, with the top shelves occupied. Adding items to the top shelf may cause the bookcase to not activate to allow reading or removing books.
- There is a basement where the alchemy lab, arcane enchanter (or children's room), and housecarl's room are located. The housecarl's room (Iona's room), will be furnished after the Dragonborn becomes a Thane of Riften by talking to the Jarl after purchasing the home, giving 3 methods of extra storage, a dresser, a wardrobe, and an end table.
- There are fewer glitches associated with this house than others.
Disadvantages [edit | edit source]
- Its weapon plaques will sometimes display weapons diagonally.
- If one wishes to have their children in the house, they have to get rid of the arcane enchanter.
- There is no smelter nearby. If one has items to smelt, they have to travel all the way to Shor's Stone.
Upgrades [edit | edit source]
|Porch||400||This upgrade adds furnishings and decor to the porch. This includes two rugs, two chairs, a table, a fishing boat with salmon to harvest, two fish barrels, a mead barrel, and a tanning rack.|
|Kitchen||500||The kitchen in Honeyside is actually smaller than the Breezehome kitchen as it is equipped with only a small cooking area, a shield plaque, three shelves, cupboard and a table with chairs.|
|Bedroom||600||The bedroom takes up most of the upper floor and this package fits a number of furnishings including a weapon plaque, wardrobe, chest, three end tables, a bookshelf and a large double bed.|
|Garden||800||The garden offers a small outside area growing various vegetables and ingredients, a barrel, thief cache and two chickens that respawn after a certain time and produce chicken breasts.|
|Alchemy Laboratory |
(located in basement)
|1,000||This package furnishes the alchemy lab located in the first basement room. It has one bookshelf like the one up stairs with the top shelf in use, an alchemy station, two long shelves occupied by herbs and ingredients, a tundra cotton plant-pot and a table with different recipes.|
|Enchanting Laboratory (located in basement)||1,000||This package equips the second basement room with an arcane enchanter, a four-place weapon rack, two mannequins, four weapon plaques, a table and a chair.|
|Children's BedroomHF (located in basement)||250 , (550 if a conversion from Enchanting Lab)||This package equips the room in the basement that would otherwise be the Enchanting room with two child's beds, a wardrobe, a chest, two chairs, one large table, one small table, two corner shelves, two children's practice dummies and a wash basin.|
|Total||3,550 – 4,300||The total cost of the property is 8,550-13,300 .|
Item displays [edit | edit source]
- Four weapon racks
- Five weapon plaques
- One shield plaque
- Two mannequins
- Four Bookshelves (holding a total of seventy-two books)
See Riften Home Decorating Guide for more detailed descriptions.
Gallery [edit | edit source]
- What is reflective reasoning
- When are Advocare Payment Periods
- Ambiente wholesale clothing Los Angeles
- New aqua rail how do I buy
- What is the 30 Day Nap Challenge
- What is Wayback Gold Sauce
- What does 18k hge
- How many standard apple trees per acre
- Ania filochowska skrzypce stradivarius
- Where's my mickey apk 1.1.0
- Where to see friends with benefits online
- Lynne Marie Howden insight training
- Zertinan caves adrammelech how to beat
- How to connect PHP to xampp server
- How to fix ps3 error code 80028f08
- Vetti Tamil meaning like
- What is agrarance tea
- Somewhere West Side Story choir clip
- What is a Calheers case number
- Marek stachowicz pentel rolls
- Qayg uli statuslar whatsapp
- Who played Kathmandu on happy days
- Garneau lexis 25dc tying instructions
- Where is Ordway Airport